Apply to work with us!
Two open positions: One Field Crew Assistant on call basis and also open:
Store Staff person- Traverse City MI. Retirees encouraged to apply, also first time to job market encouraged to apply — Apply using the online form you can fill in at the bottom of these two job descriptions – or visit us in store
Field Assistant (potential to become a field supervisor)
- A Field Crew Assistant, as part of a team would have to carefully remove cabinets, doors, flooring, siding, paneling, fixtures, etc… Note: A well qualified applicant could potentially take over the field supervisor position after brief training period, and run jobs themselves.
- Occasionally operate a 3/4 ton diesel pick-up, with a 20′ double axle cargo trailer attached.
- Assist with side projects when needed. This includes but is not limited to: , Wiping down building materials for sale., De-nailing Lumber, etc..
- Occasionally do pick-ups (driving to a residence or business to pick material up.)
- Safely operate hand and power tools. The more common power tools we use are: Reciprocating Saw or “Sawzall,” Circular Saw, Battery Drill, Multi-tool.
Store Staff :
- Training provided when necessary
- Sales of used building materials (cabinets, doors, flooring, commercial material, lumber, etc..)
- Help customers locate specific products in store.
- Check in new material and value that material.
- Operate a cash register (enter sales, make change)
- Use a computer, (Internet Explorer, MS Word, MS Excel)
- Enter store credit information into a database using MS Excel.
- Answer the phone
- With training: price material, negotiate trades and sales.
Store Staff Requirements:
- Work Saturdays.
- We have a no tobacco policy in store, vehicles and at field jobs.
- Construction/Remodeling experience helpful, not required.
- Supportive of our mission of resource recovery in the building material industry.
- Possess good customer service skills.
- Be comfortable working with a team.
- Lift and carry 35 lbs
- Safe work habits and proper use of safety equipment
- Motivated to move up in the company and take on more responsibilities as time progresses.
- Valid Driver’s License
TRAVERSE CITY SHIFTS: within the frame of Tuesday-Friday 8:45am – 5:30pm, Saturdays 8:45am – 4:00pm occasionally stay 15 min over. We can build schedule to suit both our needs, 24 hrs. & more if desired, up to 40 hrs.
- Wage is dependent on experience.
- Use of a walk behind Hydraulic forklift.
- We have only one location: Traverse City MI.